Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Joy Luck Club

Up next...

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan.

I can't tell you how long I've been wanting to read this!

And fortunately, one of us Bookclubbers accidentally started reading this, instead of A Thousand Splendid Suns, so we decided to stick with it!

Yay for me!

Update: I finished it! I really enjoyed this read and couldn't put it down. The writing is beautiful... I love how descriptive her words are in the simplest ways.

I loved all eight stories (four mothers & four daughters) though I will say... I had to make a little cheat sheet for myself to keep them all straight!

Who's mother was who's? Who's daughter was who's?

I was so afraid that I'd lose out on the meaning through the beautiful writing so I kept my cheat sheet with notes so I could relate it all back as I read.

Beautiful story of mothers and daughters. How does anyone really know each other, regardless of how they are related...

No comments: