Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Carrie Diaries - Candace Bushnell

Well this was a nice quick fun summer read!  :)

This one wasn't for bookclub.  Just for me.  I bought this as a B-day gift for two of my BFF's as we are all crazy SATC fans!

Now, I've never read the actual Sex and the City book by Candace Bushnell but I know it is quite different than the series (from what Amazon readers have posted in comments).

So I wasn't surprised or bothered that there are differences between things in this story vs. the TV show (for example - towards the end of Season 4 on the show, it is revealed that Carrie's father skipped out on her when she was little.  In this book, Carrie is raised by her father, as her mother has passed away). 

Anyway, don't get caught up in all that.  Just enjoy the book for what it is.  A fun summer read. 

I like that Candace Bushnell didn't mold the High School Carrie into the TV version of Carrie.

This makes me want to read the SATC novel to see how the author portrays Carrie and the rest of the characters (as opposed to the TV show).

I will say, I find it interesting that this book is categorized under "Young Adult". 

I supposed that's because when I was a 'young adult' I was busy reading Anne of Green Gables.  :)

No comments: