Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Killer Stitch - Maggie Sefton

This month's book is A Killer Stitch by Maggie Sefton.

So far, so cute.

It took me a bit to get into this one.  It was a lotta talk at first of knitting and coffee.

Once we had a mystery on our hands, it definitely picked up.

This is a cute read and it was chosen cause everyone knows I love to knit!

This book comes with a cable scarf pattern as well as a fudge recipe!

I'm gonna try and make the scarf, but not til after I finish this book.

I didn't even read the last one so I wanna be good and finish this one.  Also cause it was kinda picked for me... ;-)

UPDATE: Well, I finished it...  I did!  And... it was ok...  Out of the four of us, only two of us read it!  We (two) both agreed that it just had no 'umph'... No kick!  No mystery!

I will say, though... I was surprised at who 'did it' but only because I forgot they were even a character!

There were way toooooo many characters in this story.  And I'm not quite sure why.

Oh well... It was an easy read.

And I did start the pattern just to see what it would be like.  Much like the story, the pattern doesn't have much 'umph' either.

A cable on each side of the edge.  It would make a cute basic scarf.

I'm glad I didn't make the fudge.  ;-)







No comments: