Sunday, June 27, 2010

Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro

Well, hmm... Let's see...

What to say on this one...

Alright.  I'm just gonna say it.

This was not one of my favorites.

So this one was for bookclub.  And this one came highly recommended by some of the co-workers of one of our bookclubbers.

I'm not sure why. 

Keep in mind that this could just be me, though.

First of all, I am not a sci-fi gal AT ALL... I just don't get into it.

Second, I really just wasn't sure sometimes what we were talkin' about!

I tried explaining the book to El Hub and I couldn't even put it into words.

He was like, "Are you sure you're reading it?"  :+)

So me not being into the sci-fi, on top of me being confused... yes it could just be me.

We meet day after tomorrow (here this time!) to discuss it so I'm dying to hear what everyone else thinks and has to say about it.

I had a really hard time getting into this one.  From the beginning, I just wasn't into it.

I got through the first chapter and then just set it down for about 2 weeks.

Then, one of our other bookclubbers said to keep going and power through cause it gets interesting.

And so I did!  And it never got interesting!!!!  (for/to me, anyway)

You know what bums me out the most?  I was gonna check this one out from the library and instead I went and bought it.

And not even at Costco for cheap!  I bought it at B&N at full-price!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you've read this and have some huge/great insight into it, PLEASE let me know!

I am begging you!

:0)

On a side note, they have made a movie of this book which is to be released soon...

I watched the trailer thinking it would give me some great clue... And it didn't!

x-(

Here it is... (this book has me slightly bitter...)

No comments: