Monday, June 8, 2009

A Thousand Splendid Suns

What can I say...

This book is AMAZING!!!

I can't tell you how many people have stopped me (while I'm reading it) to tell me how great it is and how it's sooooo much better than The Kite Runner.

I thought that would be nearly impossible since I LOVED The Kite Runner... but I can see why they say it.

It's something in the author's writing. It keeps you wanting more.

It's also very clear and concise, yet so descriptive (if that makes any sense).

For ex... in descriptive scenes of war and death, it is so beautifully said, with very few words, yet you totally get what is being described and with full clarity.

It's beautiful.

This story has me gripped and I feel like I know these people.

I think that's the other thing that's amazing about this author's writing.

I really feel like I'm a part of the lives of these characters... Like, I'm shouting out what I think they should do, as if they can hear me! :)

I can't wait to hear how these stories end, and I can't wait to hear what the rest of the group thinks of this one. Hopefully they are loving it as much as I am. :)

UPDATE: Finished this book this morning and I absolutely LOVED it! I don't know that it is better than The Kite Runner... But I will say that I did like it BETTER! I could not put it down. An amazing story told in a beautiful way. Definitely read it!

No comments: