Sunday, May 23, 2010

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith

How sweet is this story?!?!?!!

This is just about the nicest, most charming read I've read in awhile.

It's quaint!  If a book can be quaint, this is the book!

I have been wanting to read this for awhile now and I'm so glad I finally did!

This one isn't for bookclub.  It's just for me.

I absolutely loved the simplicity of this story.

That's not to say that this is a simple story.  It is just written in a simple manner that is to the point, yet incredibly descriptive and lovely.

I love love love the cuteness and sweetness of the characters.

I also love reading about the pride and beauty of the land.  How nice!

I am tired so I can't go on much more but I absolutely loved this one and I could not put it down.

I like that these mysteries are solved in a very sweet manner.  They are mysterious, though!  It keeps you guessing.

I think I'll run to Costco tomorrow and buy the next one!

I have to see what happens between Precious and Mr. JLB Matekoni!

:)

And on a side note, I know there is the show on HBO.  We do not have cable (as we do not have TV) so I can't see it.

I wish I could , tho.

Everything I've read about it seems to give it good reviews.

In the meantime, here's a nice trailer of the HBO show.

I think Jill Scott is a perfect pick for Mma Ramotswe (not to mention that I've loved her since her "Who is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1)... :)

No comments: